Finding Home, Third Culture Kids in the World. E-book Announcement!

Home/Expat Thoughts, parenting and family, Third Culture Kids, Writing/Finding Home, Third Culture Kids in the World. E-book Announcement!

Finding Home, Third Culture Kids in the World. E-book Announcement!

Back in 2012-13 I hosted a guest post series on Djibouti Jones called Painting Pictures, about raising, being, and loving Third Culture Kids.

Now, six years later, it is time to revisit the essays, the authors, and the ideas. I compiled the posts, combined them with interviews and updates from the authors, and included a few suggestions for how to take the essays and make them personal for your own family and experience.

The final product is a book called Finding Home: Third Culture Kids in the World and it will be available on May 22!

Here’s a preview. Special thanks to Cecily Paterson, for creating the lovely cover. And special thanks to all the essay contributors! You’ll hear more about them in the coming weeks.

1. Elizabeth April 23, 2018 at 11:54 am - Reply

That’s exciting, Rachel! I look forward to reading it.

2. Marilyn April 23, 2018 at 12:15 pm - Reply

So delighted that this is going to be available! Honored to be a small part of this, and excited for this resource.

Rachel Pieh Jones April 24, 2018 at 10:04 am - Reply

I feel like it was your idea in the first place, way back when…I should credit you with that…

3. Flor April 23, 2018 at 7:34 pm - Reply

How exciting!!!! Looking forward to reading it soon!

4. Susannah-Joy April 24, 2018 at 1:26 pm - Reply

It’s been six years already since ‘Painting Pictures!’ Wow. After 3½ years back in Canada, I still have that internal longing to be elsewhere. Anywhere but here. I’ve found it very difficult to return to being a Canadian in Canada. So very boring. Re-reading these essays has been a balm, and a laugh, and a reminder that’s its okay to feel this way. It’s also a reminder that I could be somewhere else, but my grandsons are here. So, here it is. Thanks for doing this book, and thanks for allowing me to be a small part of it.

Rachel Pieh Jones April 26, 2018 at 6:43 am - Reply

Oh man, I’ve started to realize how hard it will be to return one day. And am so glad for your contribution, I think we need to keep hearing from people like you, who have gone before and have so much wisdom and practical advice and personal experience, combined into empathy.